Thursday, February 28, 2008

Challenge #2 - last addition 04/01/08

We're off to a great start! Don't forget to go back and check out all the ways Magic Mesh was used - it's a pretty timeless product and it really showed in how well it went with current products!

Our next challenge will be to incorporate slide mounts into a project. Again, I have to admit I have a seriously embarassing stash of these - plastic, cardboard, paper, printed (eek)...I even have a slide mount punch! So let's see what we can do with these babies!



I did a quick google search when I was looking for a picture to use (sorry, after being the only crazy lady with enough Magic Mesh to actually make the life-sized bust I joked about I'm not going to admit to how many slide mounts I have!). I came across a challenge at Creating Keepsakes that had some ideas. I had to laugh because some of the ideas showed the age of the article (yup, during the actual slide mount craze!) with the product used! Mesh, alphabet beads... Interestingly enough though, you'll also see early uses of transparencies too!

And another article from Scrapbooking 101 (dated August 2005) with some reminders on how to cover them in case we've forgotten!

And LOOK! I found a blog entry using the Dottie Ann Magic Mesh to cover a slide mount here - from last month!!!!! It's definitely time to be bringing these items back!!

When you're ready to share, simply leave a comment with a link or email me at michaelcsmommy@yahoo.com and I'll get it up as soon as I can. Also, don't forget to send me a link to your gallery or blog if you'd like to share!

It's never too late - everyone is ALWAYS welcome to hop in at any time and go back to previous challenges as well! So browse through every so often! I'll start changing the title of each post to include the last date I edited with a new addition so you can see easily if there's one you might want to go back and check out!

Ok. So Debbi made me feel bad - I just finally added my Mesh projects today and here she is already with the slide mount challenge done! What a cool idea to do an entire background using slide mounts with different coordinating papers! Way to be on top of things with new ideas!



Wow - I guess not as many people had slide mounts? Well, Deb N has chimed in with her project and this card is gorgeous! All kind of vintage goodies make that slide mount look like a million bucks there as a little frame for that vintage image! Ugh - although her gorgeous photography makes me feel soooo inadequate though, lol!




Aimeslee put together several ATC's using slide mounts that have been stamped and painted - how cute are these! The Paris one is my favorite - love the little polka dots!!!




And here's a super quick project of mine using the pre-printed slide mounts from Design Originals. Gotta love those five minute decorative projects! Candle holders are just too easy!
Deb N has sent in another 15 minute card for us! This turned out beautifully (I love the ribbons tied to the side of the slide!) and now I'm just jealous about the whole 15 minutes thing, lol! She does amazing things in just a quarter hour!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh BOY!!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Kewl!!! A blog challenge site where I can actually use up some of this old stuff!! Yay! I'm in for life!

Seriously, I'll try to get an entry in for the slide mount challenge ... I have hundreds of these babies ... even some from the 1940's ... don't ask ... okay, I'll spill: ebay.

Love this concept; sign me up ladies!!!

~Hugs, Deb
http://debneerman.blogspot.com

Deb Neerman said...

PS: Just wanted to let you know that I've added you to my blog roll. Expect millions of visitors!!

I kid. Expect maybe four.

~Hugs, Deb

Deb Neerman said...

As promised/threatened, here's my entry for the slide mount challenge:

http://debneerman.blogspot.com/2008/03/vintage-inspired-no-stamping-blog.html

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to next week's challenge!!

~Hugs, Deb

niss said...

I just stumbled across your site, what a fantastic idea, this is one little aussie that will be joining in!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Ooooopppps, I did it again!

Couldn't resist using another slide mount.

You can see it HERE.

~Hugs, Deb